Soft Boiled Eggs
What you will need:
2 Slices bread
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Fill sauce pan with water, just enough to barely cover the eggs.
2) Place your pan on your stove, covered with a lid, and turn the burner all the way on.
4) While the eggs are cooking, you can use this time to toast and butter your bread.
5) After the 8 and a half minutes is up, remove eggs from heat and let sit uncovered for about 20 seconds.
6) Now that the eggs are done cooking, dump out the hot water and begin to pour cold water over the eggs
for about 10 seconds. This step prevents the eggs from becoming over cooked and to be at a temperature that you can handle them.
7) Now all you need to do is peel and enjoy! I prefer eat my soft boiled eggs in a bowl with toast that has been broken up into pieces and a dash of salt and pepper. If your feeling adventurous, you can add in some garlic salt and some shredded cheese. :-)
What I love most about this meal is that it only dirties one dish, the bowl. Eggs are probably one of my favorite breakfast foods, and I can basically set it up and walk away until the timer goes off. When done right, the whites of the egg should be completely cooked, but the yolk should be runny. You could say that it is a cross breed between a hard boiled and fried egg, and it goes perfected served over a couple pieces of toast.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them in the comments below!